Analog-based gauges are no longer sufficient in today’s competitive manufacturing environment. These gauges won’t show you how the can reacts to pressure in real time and won’t tell you how much it expanded as pressure increases. If you want to record and analyze the data, you need to write down each measurement and enter the data manually in to an SPC program or Excel chart.
Quality By Vision’s new Beverage Buckle & Burst Gauge is an accurate, user friendly and affordable system that automatically measures and records all pressure points on beverage cans and ends. The system has the ability to measure sets of beverage cans and beverage ends on the same machine.
The system displays the pressure graphs and allows the operator to see the exact points at which the can’s dome or the end’s countersink buckle and also when the can or end bursts. The system automatically detects these points and displays these values and the pressure and volume graphs on the built-in monitor.
The software provides easy to read information on the can or end and records the data in the built-in Symphony SPC system. There is no operator influence on the measurement process and the pressure test scenario (when to raise pressure, by how much, how long to hold the pressure, etc.) is completely programmable.
The system is modular and can measure 2, 4 or 6 ends or cans or any combination of ends and cans.
- Modular system – basic system can measure 2 ends/cans and it can be extended to measure 4 or even 6 ends/cans on one unit!
- User can easily change between cans and ends
- Automatic detection of the Buckle/Burst points on cans and ends
- Automatic reporting and archiving of all information
- Free Symphony SPC system included!
- Network support (see more information here)
- Profile of test is fully configurable, i.e rate of pressure increase, hold pressure and hold time, etc
- Operates on regular air pressure (6 bar)
- Can test pressures up to 10 Bar
- One measurement cell includes two measurement position (2 cans, 2 ends or one of each)
- Can/End types: Aluminum, one diameter each
- Number of positions for cans or ends: 2
- Pressure range: 14.5-145 PSI
- Measurement Resolution: 0.045 PSI
- Air pressure required: 87 PSI with 100 liter per min.
- Programmable modes of operation
- Cycle time: up to 60 seconds (programmable)
- Graph of pressure displayed during measurement process
- Saves and prints SPC graphs and report
- Control unit + one set for measuring two items
- Built in flat panel monitor